We invite you to join our “culture of athletic excellence” at St. Michael Academy!
Through year-round opportunities to train and compete in a variety of sports, we’re increasing strength and fitness while instilling essential Christian virtues. We believe Athletics, properly and vigorously pursued, meshes seamlessly with our mission at SMA!
- Our Boys Cross Country team set the tone, nearly qualifying for the State Finals in its first season, placing 4th (of 19 schools) at its Division-4 Regional. Adam Paga qualified as an individual, becoming our first-ever State Finals participant. We expect to make a big impact this fall with both Boys & Girls teams!
- Our Boys Basketball team completed its first year of Varsity competition with a 4-7 record, featuring wins over Grace Baptist (twice), Vanderbilt, and NMCA. We’ll provide summer opportunities to develop our basketball skills!
- Our Boys & Girls Track teams are vying to qualify for the State Finals at our May 17 Division-4 Regional at Inland Lakes. We’re making a big splash in our first season!
Our Volleyball program will reactivate when we have sufficient numbers to field a team – and we’re looking to start a Girls Basketball program as well. We’re also exploring the potential for a Boys & Girls Golf team (to compete during the Boys season).
Our Athletic Co-ops are successful and expanding! SMA students participate with:
- Hockey at Petoskey HS – Regional Champs!
- Baseball & Softball at Harbor Light Christian HS.
- Girls Tennis at Harbor Springs HS.
More Athletic Co-ops are planned – we welcome your input!
For more information on SMA Athletics, please contact me!